Skip to main content

Hi, I have a PLAY:5 Gen1 which is now discontinued and just disappeared in my app as a device. I presume this is because it is now fully not supported. 

However, I use it only for it’s line-in capability with a record player. Does anyone know if there is a way to get it to continue being used as a line-in speaker if there is no way to get to it from the app?

Thanks

Are you running S1 or S2 app? Is this your only device? 

Try powering it off (unplug from power) and then reboot your router. When router and wifi are fully restarted, power up the speaker. See how that goes and report back. 

The speaker should still work and the S1 app will be getting bug fixes for a while yet. 

I think there’s an Autoplay option on the Gen 1, so set that and it should switch to Line-in every time it detects a device plugged in to the aux input. 

Play 5 Gen 1 run fine on the S1 app or earlier - I have two here working perfectly.

Hi

Apologies if I’m In hijacking this thread. 

I have a 5 and want to play the tv through it. I have a 3.5mm cable connected but nothing.

is there anything else I need to do? Is there something I need to set with the app? 

Cheers

Have you selected line-in as your music source? You can also set auto-play in the app. 

Hi

Apologies if I’m In hijacking this thread. 

I have a 5 and want to play the tv through it. I have a 3.5mm cable connected but nothing.

is there anything else I need to do? Is there something I need to set with the app? 

Cheers

You have to set the Sonos to ‘line-in’ via the app

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080?language=en_US