Skip to main content

My wife and I recently upgraded our iPhones to 11 Pro’s. We began having connection issues immediately with the new phones. Is Sonos doing anything to address this issue? I talked to Sonos customer service and have a case number, but one thing that’s of some concern is that the Sonos customer service folks are telling me they haven’t seen the issue before. After reading several blogs, it's apparent this isn’t a new or one-off problem…..I hope Sonos isn’t dodging the problem? 

Please describe the actual problem you are having. I assume you have already enabled Local Network access if on iOS 14?

Our iPhone 11 Pro’s do not interface consistently with the Sonos system. All of the problems are intermittent. Such as::

-When we first turn it on, various speakers will be delayed in coming on.

-When I try to change the music, or adjust speakers, it won’t respond, and I get a message “not connected to Sonos. Reconnect and try again.” 

It appears the Sonos app on the phones are randomly dropping the connection to the Sonos system. Again, our iPhone 7+ and 8+ had no issues. It started with the new phones. And yes, we have both phones set up properly for WIFI to Sonos. 

:last week, the service tech that installed our system was on the phone with a Sonos service tech for about an hour, The Sonos tech walked him through every possible adjustment they could think of, and nothing resolved it. Our installation service tech had an iPhone 6, and it worked perfectly with the Sonos system, There is obviously some issue with compatibility between the iPhone 11 Pro and the Sonos system. It seems to me it was disingenuous for the Sonos tech to say it was a problem Sonos had not seen before. Based on blogs this is not an uncommon issue. It’s also not all that unusual for new software and equipment to experience interface issues. My question is if Sonos is going to work with Apple to resolve the issue. If not, I’m basically stuck with a very expensive sound system that won’t work any longer. As I mentioned, I do have a case number, and plan to call Sonos back next week to see if any progress has been made in resolving this.