Question

Can you use a friends Iphone to adjust Sonos Play 5 with Trueplay?

• 27 November 2016
  • 5 replies

As I have a phone based on Android, I'm wondering about it would be an option just to invite a friend with an Iphone to adjust an Sonos Play 5 with Trueplay

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
That would work, afterwards you can toggle TruePlay on and off with your Android controller.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
It's possible! \o/ I use Android as well, invited a friend who has an iPhone, he initialized Trueplay and boom-bam all good!
It's possible! \o/ I use Android as well, invited a friend who has an iPhone, he initialized Trueplay and boom-bam all good!
Yes, completely correct. You will have to let your friend join your network, download the Sonos app and then connect it to your Sonos system. Once Trueplay is set, you can turn it on or off with your Android device.
Thanks for your answers, then I will probably buy the Sonos Play 5, but weird that Sonos can't make an app for Android, even though there's a lot more different units running Android
Thanks for your answers, then I will probably buy the Sonos Play 5, but weird that Sonos can't make an app for Android, even though there's a lot more different units running Android

Sonos has explained this. The problem with Android is there are too many models with varying quality of microphones. Apple devices only use 3 or 4 different microphones, so they can easily calibrate the tuning to the performance of the few mics. The sheer numbers and variable quality of microphones on Android devices makes it impossible to get the tuning correct.