Question

Can't see my Sonos speakers in the Spotify app

• 2 November 2016
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi ,

I upgraded my Sonos to beta 7, when i look into my spotify app i can't find my 3 Sonos speakers. (I can see my other devices )

I have a Premium account with Spotify (directly bought)
I have authorized Sonos and spotify.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You should report Beta issues via the Beta reporting process which is detailed in the e-mails. (IE Don't just post them here)
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Dendirk.

The recommendation from Stuart is spot on. If you're having trouble with the Spotify beta such as sitting at "connecting" or not seeing all your players please send in feedback through the beta feedback form or by taking a screenshot of the app on mobile.

The team will want to get some details from your system, such as what router you're using and will want you to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and include the number in your message.
IPhone user?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Ok sorry i used the beta feedback now
I also am having this issue. When i log into spotify, it sees all my devices except my sonos 3. Its the only sonos speaker i have, but it sees all my chromecast and smart TVs.
Same here. The sonos app goes through the authorisation bit and says spotify is set up but I can't see the sonos players through the pc or android app. I did have an old sonos account which may still be linked? But I have signed in with new details without issue and spotify plays ok through the sonos app etc.
Same here. This sucks! Spotify and Sonos updated, set up account, verify linked. Using a Boost , CONNECTED TO normal Uverse DSL router from ATT. I can see my Chromecast, other items. No Sonos speakers appearing in Spotify app!

John-Paul
I have the same issue on the newest version, my diagnostic number 6855856
I have the same issue.
And I have version 7 of the app, not beta.
I have the same issue as above. I can see all other devices (android, windows) but not the Sonos Play 1. There was a short time earlier today that it appeared but it has since disappeared.
Badge
Me neither, also on 7. I saw them once and it worked for a couple of hours though.
I removed all accounts from sonos/spotify and reinstalled and logged in again and still not seeing sonos speakers in spotify. Not sure what else to try as I have a fairly simple set up.
Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
Badge
In my case it just stopped. No duplicate IPs - mine are all registered in the router. On a different computer on my network it still showed all speakers. But there i could not select all of them - one replied something like this: Spotify service not installed - I have used it before with spotify connect. My phones also show all the speakers.
Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.

I restarted my router and now everything works perfectly, thanks!
Its a bug caused by spotify & sonos. If you are logged in on spotify on to devices(your mobile and laptop for example) Then it only shows sonos on one of those devices so either on the laptop or my mobile in my case. Later when i changed the device on my mobile they showed up on my laptop aswell. Hope this helps for you 🙂