Skip to main content

Hey there. 

We bought my parents a Sonos Ray some time ago, as my Dad needed extra sound for the Tv. 

I set up the app at the time which I think was the S1 on my Mom’s phone and all worked ok. Although over the following months the TV worked fine, but they never touch the app. I did show them how to use it for radio stations, but as they are in their 70’s, they are not technically minded. 

We think that the app automatically updated to the S2 in background and can’t get it to work at all. It’s prompting us to accept the t&c’s but the option is greyed out. Trying to go back to the S1 app just prompts us to download the S2. We saw an option to downgrade product to S1 but says option is unavailable. 

My Mom’s phone is an IPhone 8 running IOS 16+. 

Does anyone have any ideas please? The TV sound works through it ok still, but the app is just inoperable at the moment. 

Thanks. 

RAY is S2 only. By the way, S2 is being renamed “Sonos app”.

With respect to Terms and Conditions, you must scroll to the bottom before accepting. Based on recent posts, it seems that the screen has changed a bit since I accepted. You may need to click on a link in order to read the terms, then scroll and accept.

RAY is S2 only. By the way, S2 is being renamed “Sonos app”.

With respect to Terms and Conditions, you must scroll to the bottom before accepting. Based on recent posts, it seems that the screen has changed a bit since I accepted. You may need to click on a link in order to read the terms, then scroll and accept.

Thanks. From memory, we’ve done all what you’ve said (scrolled right down & clicked the link) and the button is still greyed out. 

i won’t be able to have another look till next week, when I see her.