Skip to main content

Can't control volume from app

• 6 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I had some issues recently where I couldn’t find 2 of my 4 Sonos One speakers.  Got that squared away but now I can’t adjust the volume from the app like I used to.  If I move the volume control up or down nothing happens.  The music is playing but the volume can’t be adjusted from the Sonos app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That suggests your speakers and/or the controller are having trouble staying connected. I would  start with a simple network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power. Once they are powered down, reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices. I’d also be tempted to read the wifi interference FAQ.

But if neither fixes your issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.