Skip to main content

Battery drainer?

• 31 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Yes, this is one more thread about the new app, hooray!

I’ve noticed recently that the battery life of my phone has decreased. I used to sustain a charge for six days, but it is down to five. (My Moto53g has a 5000 mAh battery, and I have things like GPS turned off.)

Obviously, there can be many reasons for this, but when I checked last night what has been taken battery, the Sonos app topped the list with 24%, before Poweramp with 11%. To note here is that while I’m working, I mainly listen to music from the phone, although I work from home.

I surely have permitted Sonos to be active in the background, but I find it ironic that it consumes this much power, when ever so often I open the app it says that it can’t find any system, and it takes it while before it finds it again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’ve just had a look too, on iPhone. Over the last ten days, Sonos is the fourth biggest battery guzzler, after Safari, Life360, and Mail! In the last 24 hours, it is the second biggest...

Considering the app should only be in active use when selecting music (after that, the speakers communicate with the music service directly to retrieve and play the tracks), or when adjusting volume, this is a staggering use of background battery! 

I wonder how this compares to the previous app? Should we be concerned about this (on top of everything else)??

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

> I wonder how this compares to the previous app? Should we be concerned about this (on top of everything else)??

I don’t have any data, but my recollection is that the old Sonos was among the top apps as well, but not the top one with a good margin.