Skip to main content

I'd like the ability to select a My Sonos playlist, and have the system remember my playing preference for the playlist in terms of shuffle, repeat, crossfade or none.

Example scenario. The following 3 are added to My Sonos for ease of access via the app.

1. An album by Counting Crows. I want it played in order as the artist desired. No crossfade.

2. Classical Christmas from Spotify. I want this shuffled with crossfade.

3. Sleeping white noise from my local music library. I want this single track repeated with crossfade.

I'm quite sure this is currently not possible, so I'd ask Sonos to make it a feature. It could be something like "Playlist Options" after it's been added to My Sonos.

Thoughts? Suggestions everyone?

Thanks!

Hi @PatMiller 

Thanks for your post, and your idea! It sounds good to me.

I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration.

Hey Corry,

Any update on this feature?

Thank you,

Pat

Hi @PatMiller 

No, and I’m afraid nor will there be.

Even if the software engineers think this is the best idea they’ve ever heard, it would take months, or longer, to even start on it. Progress would not be shared with the public (or many staff), and the first anyone outside the company would know about it would be the day the feature became available. 

The moment we start sharing details and dates is the same moment we set ourselves up for complaint if the details or dates are not met.

For a new, user-suggested feature to make any progress, there would have to be a lot of interest from a lot of our existing user base. As I’m the only person to reply on this thread, we’ll probably take that as no-one being interested in the feature, unfortunately.

We do appreciate all feedback and ideas from our customers, so please do not be discouraged from doing so again in the future. Thank you.

I would also like a feature like this. I use a specific playlist for white noise while I sleep and it would be nice to set it to always be on repeat with crossfade enabled.