Answered

Audio normalisation?

• 4 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I recently replaced all my HomePods with the new Era 100 and 300 speakers. For the most part, everything is better… except audio normalisation. I found some ancient threads on this issue (and also on Spotify forums), so I know I’m not imagining things. I use Spotify but I believe it also happens with Apple Music.

So it’s great not to have to struggle with AirPlay and a whole host of other volume issues that now the lack of normalisation is really the biggest complaint I have now. It’s annoying to have to adjust volume from time to time when playing a varied playlist. When using Spotify over AirPlay, it works fine. Spotify over Spotify Connect doesn’t work right.

I realise this is probably a Spotify issue but perhaps you could put some pressure on them to do whatever they need to do. It’s a feature music players have had since the early 2000s in my recollection (SoundCheck in Apple iTunes).

Cheers

Chris

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 April 2023, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @pluckytree 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Assuming you are a paying customer of Spotify’s, it would have more impact if you requested it of them directly. You can encourage others to do so here, if you like, but it’s not something we’re likely to do ourselves.

I hope this helps.