Skip to main content

App update - 17 June 2024

THE NEW APP UPDATE HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED!

No firmware update.

Current software version

80.03.03 (Android)
80.03.06 (iOS)

Release date: 6/17/2024

In this update:

• Introduced mute button on Android.
  • Added numerical values to the volume and group-volume sliders.
  • Updated the volume icon to reflect the volume level on iOS.
  • Added stereo or mono configuration for Amp/Port output on iOS.
  • Improved TalkBack screen reader support for volume sliders on Android.
  • Added support for SonosNet channel selection on iOS.
  • Expanded support for service reauthorization on Android.

Not a great deal to get excited about this time by the looks of things... Not what many people will have been waiting for with bated breath. 

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It’ll be interesting to see which of these amends proves the most beneficial/appreciated (if any!) in the short term, and in lieu of bigger and better to come.

Thanks for the heads up that the update was available. So far so good. 👍🏾

It looks like local library search missed the mid-June update but overall the general direction of travel is good.   Not to excuse what’s gone before but each release is getting more stable, for me at least.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes, the local library search was something I thought would be on there today - not that it impacts my system but I know it’s an issue for many….

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Update completed painlessly for me this time. It's the first update that completed without errors on the first pass in a few years. I did have to go through the iOS app store for this update to show available, at least on my iPhone. The iPad updated without the app store interface, strangely enough. Both devices on same iOS version.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

So looks like they’re not gonna deliver on local music library search for mid-June as promised.

The updated “Coming Soon” still shows mid-June, so I guess it isn’t too far away.  I think at this point we can all agree that code should not be released until it has been fully tested and working ! 

Coming soon

• Continued improvements to navigation for visually-impaired customers: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Improved playback settings including Play Now: July
  • Create and edit local music library: July
  • Improved Autoplay settings: July
  • Improved Sub audio settings with Amp: July
  • Snooze alarms: TBD
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

wifi disable still does not work. it just stops showing you the error message. product reboots on its own and turns wifi back on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The updated “Coming Soon” still shows mid-June, so I guess it isn’t too far away.  I think at this point we can all agree that code should not be released until it has been fully tested and working ! 

Coming soon

• Continued improvements to navigation for visually-impaired customers: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Improved playback settings including Play Now: July
  • Create and edit local music library: July
  • Improved Autoplay settings: July
  • Improved Sub audio settings with Amp: July
  • Snooze alarms: TBD

Looking at this again really does show how far off ‘ready’ Sonos was when it released the app early May. Miles off. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

SonosNet management is now available. Somebody talk about when and how to use it given the new cloud based system...

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I just get “No Products Found”!

Fixed. Wifi had turned off🙄

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

THE NEW APP UPDATE HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED!

No firmware update.

Right - so the zombie zones continue, because that seems like a firmware problem - not even on the fix-list. 🙄  They really trashed their products with all this.  Will be surprised if it is back to reasonably fixed by year-end.

So issues with music library showing in sources remains for me. It was there after installation but I’ve just had to force quit the app 5 times to make it appear again just now  

Also my Plex service, which was working yesterday has been broken. 

🤬🤬🤬🤬Sonos 

Just setup my new Era 300 with the latest version of the APP. TrueSound also did work when I tried that on my Zenfone 10, weird. So far the app has been quite stable for me, just sometimes stops playing with a song but oh well. Looking forward to the next updates!

Badge

What do they mean with:

Updated the volume icon to reflect the volume level on iOS

???

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What do they mean with:

???

When the volume is at zero, there is no sound wave coming from the speaker icon. Volume 1-50 has a single sound wave. 50+ has a double sound wave. (Maybe pause your music before trying this or you’ll accidentally blow your eardrums or upset neighbours!)

In any case, it’s a clearly essential piece of remedial coding and will instantly halve the number of app complaints on the forum...

What do they mean with:

???

In any case, it’s a clearly essential piece of remedial coding and will instantly halve the number of app complaints on the forum...

Now, now…. baby steps !  Any improvement IS an improvement 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What do they mean with:

???

Now, now…. baby steps !  Any improvement IS an improvement 😁

“Baby steps’ refers to moving slowly but progressively towards a target outcome. You’re one of the more positive good guys on here, but even you can see that spending time adding sound waves to a speaker icon is not exactly moving in that direction? 

It’s like getting the builders in to build an extension, but instead of getting the materials delivered and laying the foundations, you find them tightening a loose screw on your letterbox. 

Badge

Yeah right … I asked what it means.

Is it this icon ? That should be a mayor update 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yeah right … I asked what it means.

Is it this icon ? That should be a mayor update 😂

That's the one! You are clearly a volume between 1-49 - at the upper end though, which is an appropriate volume for Rudimental and John Newman.

Hopefully that is just a minor precursor to a much more significant update next time...

Badge

I doubt they can get over this 😂

Seems to have broken the Sonos Favorites on my iOS device. No playlists, no favourites just an exclamation mark and “Unable to load content.”

Anyone else have this issue?

Still unable to connect to my favourite German station via android-based app. Anyone having the same issue or seen an explanation from Sonos?

Still unable to connect to my favourite German station via android-based app. Anyone having the same issue or seen an explanation from Sonos?

Post the problem station 

Seems to have broken the Sonos Favorites on my iOS device. No playlists, no favourites just an exclamation mark and “Unable to load content.”

Anyone else have this issue?

Just to update this comment in the hope it helps someone else:

After re-authorising every single one of my Services (on the Windows controller - most just went into a loop when attempting to re-authorise on the iPhone app) my Sonos Favorites reappeared, including all the local playlists. I can only assume that as my favourites include various radio stations from the collection of Services, the app was timing out trying to resolve them but didn’t give any indication of the underlying issue.

Now the problem is that sometimes my Music Library (on a Synology NAS) shows up under Your Sources and sometimes Your Sources (and my music library) is completely absent.

Whoever is responsible for this absolute cluster-f*** of an app should be fired.