another worthless and intrusive upgrade

• 14 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

went outside to listen to some music on a warm spring day. opened the S2 app and discovered it had been “upgraded”. and it demanded I “sign in” before allowing me to access my own property. After several minutes of trying to work around the thing I finally relented and went down to the basement to look up my Sonos credentials. which the app decided were invalid. This is not the first time I have suffered through one of Sonos’ completely unnecessary and unavoidable updates. So I gots to ask, why would anybody spend more for this intrusive crap than any one of the less expensive systems available?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

went outside to listen to some music on a warm spring day. opened the S2 app and discovered it had been “upgraded”. and it demanded I “sign in” before allowing me to access my own property. After several minutes of trying to work around the thing I finally relented and went down to the basement to look up my Sonos credentials. which the app decided were invalid. This is not the first time I have suffered through one of Sonos’ completely unnecessary and unavoidable updates. So I gots to ask, why would anybody spend more for this intrusive crap than any one of the less expensive systems available?

Useless update