Skip to main content

another worthless and intrusive upgrade

• 14 May 2024
  • 1 reply

went outside to listen to some music on a warm spring day. opened the S2 app and discovered it had been “upgraded”. and it demanded I “sign in” before allowing me to access my own property. After several minutes of trying to work around the thing I finally relented and went down to the basement to look up my Sonos credentials. which the app decided were invalid. This is not the first time I have suffered through one of Sonos’ completely unnecessary and unavoidable updates. So I gots to ask, why would anybody spend more for this intrusive crap than any one of the less expensive systems available?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

went outside to listen to some music on a warm spring day. opened the S2 app and discovered it had been “upgraded”. and it demanded I “sign in” before allowing me to access my own property. After several minutes of trying to work around the thing I finally relented and went down to the basement to look up my Sonos credentials. which the app decided were invalid. This is not the first time I have suffered through one of Sonos’ completely unnecessary and unavoidable updates. So I gots to ask, why would anybody spend more for this intrusive crap than any one of the less expensive systems available?

Useless update