Answered

Android Failing To Update Track Title - Amazon Music

• 25 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have woken up this morning and launched the new Placebo album, "Never Let Me Go" via my Samsung S21 Ultra Sonos App.

I looked to see what the current track title was and noted that it was still displaying the opening track.

I checked on my Kindle and that is continuing to show the correct current track ( three changes since I found the Android issue)

icon

Best answer by controlav 26 March 2022, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Maybe try a reboot of the Samsung controller device and see if that perhaps resolves the matter.

Badge

Funnily enough...album played to the end...I hadn't set repeat up...pressed play again and it's updating each track.  Perhaps it was just feeling lazy earlier 🤣🤣

If the problem returns, then perhaps pop back here and report it together with a diagnostic report reference and perhaps the Staff here will take a look at the matter, but just see how things go for now.

See this link re. how to submit a diagnostic report (if needed further on down the line):

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like the UPnP event connection, from the speaker to your phone, was lost. That is how the phone updates the current track. A reboot of the app should suffice, unless the phone’s network stack is the cause when you’ll need to reboot that instead.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Sounds like the UPnP event connection, from the speaker to your phone, was lost. That is how the phone updates the current track. A reboot of the app should suffice, unless the phone’s network stack is the cause when you’ll need to reboot that instead.

Can you give more info on how the phone updates track info. Is there anything that would block this info on our routers. Is there anything on the phone needing permissions etc. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Can you give more info on how the phone updates track info. Is there anything that would block this info on our routers. Is there anything on the phone needing permissions etc. Thanks.

The old status page would show active event subscriptions on each player, but that was removed along with many other useful features a few years ago.

Updates are done via a UPnP event on the AVTransport interface of each player: the player sends the event to everyone who subscribes to it. If the app doesn’t respond to an event 3? times the player will stop sending the event.

In the general case, firewalls will block this eg on a Windows WiFi network in “public” mode as it looks like an unrequested call from player to app. VPNs also have a habit of blocking event callbacks.