Skip to main content

I’ve noticed that many selections which are Ultra HD don’t display the badge through the Sonos app (using a Port for streaming). Sometimes it shows no badge at all, sometimes it shows only the HD badge and other times it works properly (or the HD badge switches to Ultra HD mid song). I know that all my settings are correct, and my dac is showing 24/96, but the lack of badge still concerns me. Is there a fix or am I at the mercy….?

Thanks for any and all input.

NSC

First off Sonos outputs upto 24/48 so no idea what your DAC is showing.

The badge has historically taken its time to display properly, even more so now with the new app so nothing to worry about and no doubt will be addressed in time.

There’s probably some upsampling involved, so I shouldn’t have confused the issue with that part. It does often come up after a while, but sometimes it’s not until the third or fourth cut.

Thanks,

There’s probably some upsampling involved, so I shouldn’t have confused the issue with that part. It does often come up after a while, but sometimes it’s not until the third or fourth cut.

Thanks,

It’s the same with the Apple Music Lossless symbol/logo. Sometimes if I scroll the track forward, wait a few secs, scroll back, scroll forward, it appears. Most of the time it appears automatically…