Skip to main content

I have linked my Amazon Prime Account to Sonos successfully.  Yet anytime I go to try and play anything from Amazon Music, I just get a message telling me to subscribe to Unlimited.  It directs me to amazon.com/music_on_sonos where I am being asked to subscribe.  Am I missing something if all I want is to access the free music I can get through my Prime subscription?

Do you get this message to upgrade when you play Amazon Music from within the Sonos app or from the Amazon Music app?

I get the message when trying to play anything on Amazon Music from within the Sonos app.

If you tap on “No thanks, not now” on the link, does the link still return each time you listen to Amazon Music in the Sonos app?

Here is the sequence.  I select Amazon Music for one of my rooms.  I make a choice (stations, playlists, etc.).  Then I select something to play (e.g. Classic Rock).  I hit Play and get the message “Listen to any song anywhere with Amazon Music Unlimited.  Start a 30 day free trial at amazon.com/music_on_sonos”.  There is no choice to skip and nothing plays.  It just skips the song and goes to the next title and displays the message again. On and on it goes.

Can you click on the link? If so, select the “No thanks, not now” option on the link and see if it clears it.

If this doesn’t work, try removing Amazon Music from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it, and reset the Sonos app under App Preferences.

Thanks

Did you get it working @PSS-NC ?, was looking at Amazon Prime partly due to it's music for our Sonos system.

Hi.  Well it took awhile and some Internet research but finally figured out what the problem was.  We have an Amazon Household account where my wife and I share a Prime membership.  When you do that a benefit that is not shared is Amazon Prime Music (funny you share Prime Video but not Music).  Anyway that means to add music to Sonos and have it work, we need to add it through my wife’s Amazon account that  “owns” the Prime membership that we share.

Hope that helps.

Yes that was very helpful thanks!.

The Prime membership does look excellent value for money.