Answered

Amazon Music HD on Beam and Play:1

• 23 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Today I started testing Amazon Music HD, and I see the HD tag when playing music on Beam, I know that Sonos announced that the Play:1 does not support HD, but I know that for example, they work with Dolby Atmos when connected to an Arc. Does the same thing happen when they are connected to Beam?  That is, if I group the Play:1 with the Beam, will the Play:1 play music in HD?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 March 2022, 17:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

And just for the record (as it were), Sonos has been able to play lossless 16-bit CD-quality files since the day Sonos was launched and every product is capable of doing so.

I know that, i have tried FLAC from the PC, but I honestly prefer the convenience of music services since sometimes I take my speakers to parties at my friends house, I love when my friends discover Sonos and fall in love with it

I wouldn't disagree with any of that!

Badge

And just for the record (as it were), Sonos has been able to play lossless 16-bit CD-quality files since the day Sonos was launched and every product is capable of doing so.

I know that, i have tried FLAC from the PC, but I honestly prefer the convenience of music services since sometimes I take my speakers to parties at my friends house, I love when my friends discover Sonos and fall in love with it

Userlevel 7

The Play:1 does support HD on Amazon Music. It does not support Ultra HD.

Let the music play for a minute or two and the HD badge should show.

Userlevel 7

The Play:1 supports music in HD but not Ultra HD from Amazon Music. If you group the Play:1 with the Arc or Beam, you will still be able to play music in HD but not Ultra HD. But if you bond Play:1s as surround speakers to the Arc or Beam, you WILL be able to play music in both HD and Ultra HD.

Read more here:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3248?language=en_US