Skip to main content

I quite like the idea of the Brennan b2

• Act as NAS to Sonos 5
  • It has wifi
  • I can rip CD’s at my convenience. Using a computer to do the ripping is less than ideal
    • My computers do not have inbuilt CD reader
    • CD collection downstairs, main computer upstairs 

What I do not like about the Brennan b2 is that is uses a Raspberry Pi and therefore has its operating system on an SD card. Have had a lot of problems with SD cards corrupted with power outages of which we get a lot.

So is there a better alternative?

Needs to have

• Wifi
  • Work with Sonos 5 i.e. NAS
  • Ideally also output to a Speakercraft cs3 either
    • by bluetooth
    • Output via optical

Hi @KeithSloan, thanks for sharing this, and welcome to the community. We appreciate you reaching out here with us and we can wait for others' opinions. Also, you can use Line-In on Sonos Five.

Just let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.

“Also, you can use Line-In on Sonos Five” - True but my CD collection is in a different room from the Sonos and routing a cable is not really on in this my particular situation.

Hi @KeithSloan, thanks for your response. As the Sonos speakers are designed to play from the music services on Sonos, you can check your other options below on how to play music in Sonos.

Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

I obviously have not described my situation very well, as the answer to all the suggestions is No No No.

I have my CD collection in a nice wooden cabinet in the lounge, where there is a CD player and speakers - Speakcraft Cs3. In our conservator I have a Sonos 5.

Hi, @KeithSloan! I understand you want to keep it that way and those are the options that would work best with Sonos. We can wait for other folks here and maybe they can suggest that has the same setup as yours. 

We and the community are always here to help.