Skip to main content

Hi,

Is it possible to use my Sonos One and stream what I’m playing on my MaBook Pro using Algoriddim Djay Pro2?

In preferences I can’t seem to find the option.

You can use AirPlay 2 to stream the audio from a Mac to a Sonos One. I’d assume the app itself hasn’t implemented the API that Sonos has provided to stream directly through Sonos’ software. Note that there might be a slight delay as your Mac encodes and sends the signal to the Sonos One.

It might be worth reading this thread, about the limitations imposed by Apple on the AirPlay 2 stream:

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/audio-delay-with-sonos-one-over-airplay-from-laptop-desktop-6838548#post16415967

You can use AirPlay 2 to stream the audio from a Mac to a Sonos One. I’d assume the app itself hasn’t implemented the API that Sonos has provided to stream directly through Sonos’ software. Note that there might be a slight delay as your Mac encodes and sends the signal to the Sonos One.

Yep, I don’t have any issues streaming with other apps and direct from my Mac, although it’s a little temperamental sometimes.