Skip to main content

I consider to buy sonos one speakers.

Are there airplay-apps available to stream f.i. youtube music from my android tablet to sonos one?

Kind regards, Bert

I’ve never heard of one. I don’t think Apple would be very keen on such a thing, but with code, nothing is impossible. 

I just received the Sonos Beam and wanted to add either two Play1's or two Sonos One speakers to it to make a surround sound experience. I understand that the biggest difference is that the Sonos One can be activated with Alexa. However, if I already have a Sonos Beam that can be used with Alexa and if the speakers are connected to it, then does it matter? Is there a large difference is sound quality? Anything else I should be thinking about before making a purchase? A pack of play1's are considerably cheaper, that's why I ask. Any advice would be appreciated!

I just received the Sonos Beam and wanted to add either two Play1's or two Sonos One speakers to it to make a surround sound experience. I understand that the biggest difference is that the Sonos One can be activated with Alexa. However, if I already have a Sonos Beam that can be used with Alexa and if the speakers are connected to it, then does it matter? Is there a large difference is sound quality? Anything else I should be thinking about before making a purchase? A pack of play1's are considerably cheaper, that's why I ask. Any advice would be appreciated!

For exactly the reasons you’ve identified, if you can get a pair of PLAY:1s, I would. Or a pair of Sonos One SLs, which also have no microphones. 

JerryT,

Just to add aswell that when the Sonos Ones are used with the Sonos Beam their mics and airplay capability are disabled anyway. I would personally choose the newer Sonos One SL, although the Play:1’s which I bought before the SL’s were introduced, work fine for me.

I consider to buy sonos one speakers.

Are there airplay-apps available to stream f.i. youtube music from my android tablet to sonos one?

Kind regards, Bert

See this link …

https://www.maketecheasier.com/stream-from-android-airplay/

I’ve not personally tried any of the Apps mentioned, but maybe worth a try. Let us know if you find an answer.