Answered

After 15.8.1 upgrade, all music services disappeared.

• 21 September 2023
  • 69 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Same on Pixel. Woke up and nothing works. All services deleted and unavailable. Chimes going off around the house as all alarns no longer work. 

Uninstalled/reinstalled app. Signed out and back in. 

Anyone from Sonos want to respond?

Same here. Android v12. Resolved by:

1. Switching off system (hardware)
  2. Clearing cash and data of the app
  3. Uninstalling the app
  4. Switching on the system
  5. Installing the app

Same issue. All streaming services disappeared overnight from both iOS app and the MacOS app. Impossible to play anything on my system

Try 10 second power off on any speaker, close S2 app, power up speaker and reopen app. Worked for me on Android 

Same issue, tried everything and not working 

Badge

Same here…
Woke up this morning, no more music services. 
Tried to uninstall S2 , reboot devices…
No success

Same for me nothing working. Restarted everything re downloaded app and still no joy. Come on Sonos what is going on ? 

Badge

Finally back…. few minutes after I rebooted everything

Had the same issue. Powering off and on one of the Sonos devices fixed it for me. 

We use Sonos for white noise in the baby’s room.  Lost that in the middle of the night and couldn’t get it back.  Had a nice sleepless night with a restless baby 😀

OK, folks what seems to fix it, but sounds daft to me is, log into the app on a PC\Laptop and woe and behold the music services before the update are there. I played a service on my Roam, then I went into my Android app and the services had returned, also the search for other services were available.....give it a try if you have PC\Laptop app 😂

Same issue. Turned off all Sonos devices and phone, then back on and everything back to normal

Userlevel 1

Same problem here. No services as from this morning, last night everything worked fine. 

Rebooting router didn't work and reinstalling the S2 controller also didn't work but after unplugging one of the speakers and plugging it back in everything seems to work as usual and all services are back in the controller. 

Thanks mate. This works for me. Just killed IOS Sonos app, turned on my Sonos Roam till it’s connected to my network then launch IOS Sonos app and voila, all the music services are back. 😊

Do SONOS not test these updates before rolling them out? Almost every time there’s an update I have system issues after 🤦🏻‍♂️

on this occasion, this has worked for me:

• deleted app and reinstalled
  • rebooted phone
  • unplugged 1 speaker and plugged it in again.

all good now!

but why??? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @orlie214 et al,

Thank you for all the reports, these have been forwarded to the relevant team and we're looking into what has caused this, but there is a cloud outage that occurred during the latest update. You can follow the progress of this on our status page.

For now, there are a few solutions that I have seen the community and our engineers suggest to bring music services back to your Sonos system, these are:

• Checking for updates in the Sonos-app (even if you have no updates available), as this will pull a new music service catalog.
  • Rebooting any device within your Sonos system
  • Uninstalling and Re-installing the Sonos app

If you’re still unable to see any music services after trying the options above, I would suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools to troubleshoot this issue with your further.

I hope this information helps!

Same here. All music services lost with exception of TuneIn. Alarm was chiming. Unplugged one speaker as others suggested and updated app. All came back. 

Checked update again and message to say a new update available. 

Thankfully now fully functional. No message from Sonos as yet to advise of the issue.

OK, folks what seems to fix it, but sounds daft to me is, log into the app on a PC\Laptop and woe and behold the music services before the update are there. I played a service on my Roam, then I went into my Android app and the services had returned, also the search for other services were available.....give it a try if you have PC\Laptop app 😂

This worked for me but made sure I refused the update on starting the PC app.

Hi @orlie214 et al,

Thank you for all the reports, these have been forwarded to the relevant team and we're looking into what has caused this, but there is a cloud outage that occurred during the latest update. You can follow the progress of this on our status page.

For now, there are a few solutions that I have seen the community and our engineers suggest to bring music services back to your Sonos system, these are:

• Checking for updates in the Sonos-app (even if you have no updates available), as this will pull a new music service catalog.
  • Rebooting any device within your Sonos system
  • Uninstalling and Re-installing the Sonos app

If you’re still unable to see any music services after trying the options above, I would suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools to troubleshoot this issue with your further.

I hope this information helps!

This worked for me. Well, I actually only had to check for updates. 

Badge

Same here in the EU. 

Badge +1

Same here - https://status.sonos.com/ is reporting that “Sonos Services” is down - I guess we’ll have to wait until that service is back, hopefully everything will recover automagically.

Listening to music on Line-In in the interim

Badge +1

I just did a “Check for Software Updates” in the app and it’s working again

This worked for me eventhough i didnt need an update.  Reinstalling and restarting did not work.

Yep same here. All services bar my turntable have disappeared and can’t be added. Hilariously Last.fm (so many memories) and another no-longer available service are still there. But only those two. 

Would be GREAT if when you fix the ios app, you bring back lock screen controls (hasn’t worked for 2 years +) and use of iPhone volume controls. Great speakers let down by naff supporting apps, isn’t a good strategy long-term...

Yep same here. All services bar my turntable have disappeared and can’t be added. Hilariously Last.fm (so many memories) and another no-longer available service are still there. But only those two. 

Would be GREAT if when you fix the ios app, you bring back lock screen controls (hasn’t worked for 2 years +) and use of iPhone volume controls. Great speakers let down by naff supporting apps, isn’t a good strategy long-term...

As has been repeatedly stated, Apple rules forbidding control of 3rd party hardware is why the lock screen controls and the volume up/down no longer work.  Apple makes those controls exclusive to apps which play content over the phone or Bluetooth.  With Sonos, it is the Sonos units which are playing the content, the controller is just a controller.   So if you want these controls back, lobby Apple to allow control of 3rd party devices.

@jgatie My bad - didn’t realise that was now Apple policy. I’d swear there used to be a ‘play in lockscreen’ option a while back … it just never worked.

As per Sonos support recommendation, I checked for updates on PC - no software downloaded as app was up-to-date but it seems that it refreshed “ a new music service catalog”  Up and running again. thx for the advice.

All services resumed.