Advanced settings

• 6 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Not only is it less intuitive and a HORRIBLE white (see other threads but really, what were they thinking?), but the advanced settings appear to have been removed from the new app. This means I can no longer connect my Android tablet to Sonosnet - unless someone can point me in the right direction?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Flattliner, Advanced settings is still in there. You just click More off of the tabs listing and you'll have Settings listed. The rest of the menu structure there is unchanged. If you're not seeing all of your settings, you probably have one device that isn't updated. You can check that everything is on 8.0 under About Sonos.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Everything is on 8.0 and settings (including advanced) are all present and correct on my iOS controllers (iPhone and iPad). However, on my Android tablet (whose only purpose is to sit near my HiFi and be a Sonos controller) they are definitely not! Headings under settings are limited to "Date & Time Settings" "Online Updates" "About My Sonos System" "Reset Controller" and "Submit Diagnostics". The other differences from the iOS apps is lack of "Add Music Services" in the More screen and weirdly, the fact that the Settings screen is black with white text - like the rest of the app should be! Could this be a corrupt installation?
Android version more than likely too old and is only partially supported.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Android version more than likely too old and is only partially supported.
That's my thinking too. If the software is up to date for Sonos, most likely it's too old a version of Android.