Skip to main content

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the volume on my speakers using the volume control on my iPhone when using AirPlay? Up until recently, when I readjusted the volume it would adjust all the speakers grouped with the one I have connected to Airplay. Now I seem to only have the capability to adjust the only the one speaker connected to AirPlay using my iPhone’s physical buttons. I have to open the Sonos app and adjust the speakers everyday individually. It’s really annoying and I can’t figure it out. 

When you have speakers grouped, the volume slider controls the whole group unless you tap on it; then sliders for each room appear for the control of a specific room. 

Yes, that works if I open the app. I am used to being able to adjust the group volume using the my phones volume control. I don’t want to have to open the Sonia app. 

When you have speakers grouped, the volume slider controls the whole group unless you tap on it; then sliders for each room appear for the control of a specific room. 

Yes, that works if I open the app. I am used to being able to adjust the group volume using the my phones volume control. I don’t want to have to open the Sonos app.