Skip to main content

I have 3 kids who have Amazon Music through a family plan. I want to add all of their plans to my Sonos so they can have their music available on our Sonos (several speakers through out the house).

Every time i try to add a new service and log them in, it fails. It takes me to the Amazon login, i log them in and get this message (in red, so i assume it’s bad)

“Your login can only be used on the Amazon Shopping app, or by logging in to Amazon.com online”

Has anyone got their family accounts working? (not other adults, but your kids)

Thanks,

JM

Try doing it from their phones.  Your phone is defaulting to the account on your phone.  You can also try temporarily logging out on your amazon shopping app on your phone.

Unfortunately i already tried that with no success. I tried the following:

• My phone, log out of amazon, use the app to create a new service, it takes me to the web page, i successfully enter their name and password but get that message
  • Their phone (Tried two of them). They don’t have the amazon app, but same exact results.
  • Then i tried the sonos app from my PC. Logged out of amazon in my browser - same thing.

Has anyone else seen these? I found a reference to amazon teen accounts not working with Sonos.

JM

Hi. This  may not be relevant, but in which country do you live?

Do family accounts even work on Sonos? I remember when I paired my Prime account with my wife’s that Amazon refused to recognize both of them. This was a few years ago though.

Do family accounts even work on Sonos? I remember when I paired my Prime account with my wife’s that Amazon refused to recognize both of them. This was a few years ago though.

Many services' family accounts do work on Sonos, and I think Amazon is among them.

Hi. This  may not be relevant, but in which country do you live?

USA

Yeah, i just tested it with my wife’s account. Both of our names show up in a drop-down, so i know that is working.

JM

This link suggests that only adult accounts can be added to Sonos. It may be tbe place you referred to earlier in the tbread.

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/setting-up-sonos-amazon-family-plan-and-alexa-6834831#:~:text=Go%20to%20Settings%20%E2%86%92%20Music,the%20default%20for%20that%20device.

Taking a different tack,it is possible to cast directly from the Amazon Music app to Sonos speakers.  I don't know if that is restricted to adult accounts. Worth trying.

This link suggests that only adult accounts can be added to Sonos. It may be tbe place you referred to earlier in the tbread.

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/setting-up-sonos-amazon-family-plan-and-alexa-6834831#:~:text=Go%20to%20Settings%20%E2%86%92%20Music,the%20default%20for%20that%20device.

Taking a different tack,it is possible to cast directly from the Amazon Music app to Sonos speakers.  I don't know if that is restricted to adult accounts. Worth trying.

Interesting idea. I’ll have to try that. Thanks!

On the Amazon Music Home screen tap the three dots top right. Tap Connect to a device,  pick a device and play.