Skip to main content
Question

Access to NAS Library

• 31 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Inability to  access (on iPad) my home music via a QNAP NAS following the latest Sonos software update.

Following a Sonos chat I followed the advise to log on to Sonos via a computer (from which I had no problems) and delete my connection to the NAS and then re-connect. I did this and after a long delay while the library was rebuilt the connection was there on the computer but not on my ipad. Any advise would be welcome.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Use a 3rd party app like SonoPad on an iOS device that still has the old app.  There was no need to delete/re-add your library.  If your computer app can see the library, then it’s there, you just need an app that can see it - not the new broken Sonos app!

I suppose support cannot tell you that as it is against the corporate line of smoke.  They cannot say “we broke the app” so use something else.

Inability to  access (on iPad) my home music via a QNAP NAS following the latest Sonos software update.

Following a Sonos chat I followed the advise to log on to Sonos via a computer (from which I had no problems) and delete my connection to the NAS and then re-connect. I did this and after a long delay while the library was rebuilt the connection was there on the computer but not on my ipad. Any advise would be welcome.

Close out the app on the iPad completely (if you want, use the reset function in the app).  Restart (and choose “Connect to existing system” if you reset the app).

Userlevel 2

Close out the app on the iPad completely (if you want, use the reset function in the app).  Restart (and choose “Connect to existing system” if you reset the app).

Sorry for delay in response. Had no joy with re-setting  iPad so it looks like Sonopad or maybe back to Roon while Sonos gets their act together. Like so many long time Sonos users very disappointed in their attitude to the customer base. 
Thank you for responding