Skip to main content
I have a dozen or so Sonos One's... Some paired some singles and a Sub. I run them over the Sonos Boost and finally got them operating trouble free... then last night I get the you may not use some features message (mandatory update essentially). Post that update all my Lutron remotes stopped controlling the Sonos systems. I Rebooted Boost, Sonos devices, Lutron Bridge, had Lutron delete Sonos data so I could re-add. Re-added the remotes. No results.

Any ideas?
I guess using the Lutron system isn't that popular... At any rate the system magically fixed itself. I came back from a business trip and the remotes worked. The Sonos controllers were updated to 8.5.2 (from 8.5.1). Thats the only change since I left and came back.
Glad it's working again Rob. There shouldn't have been any changes in the 8.5.1 software that could have caused this, and as you noted the 8.5.2 was only the controllers that changed. In any case, let us know if it comes back up.
Lutron went all out trying to duplicate the issue... log files, system resets the works. No troubleshooting steps worked. Sonos really should provide a detailed change log even for minor software updates as it may help the field troubleshoot. I don't doubt there are various combinations that don't get tested and my have un expected results. All I can say in this case is that my controllers updated to 8.5.1 and the pico's instantly stopped working. 8.5.2 hits and suddenly they are working.
My pico (used with an old ZP-120) is acting weird....when I press volume up or down, it goes all the way up or down. i replaced the Pico with another. Same thing. I swapped the ZP-120 with a Connect:Amp from another room, and have the same issue. No issue for 2 years. Have rebooted everything. I dusted off my two CR200 controllers and am using them. So much better than the app, in my opinion.
Once again the Pico control in certain rooms has died with a Sonos update (9.2). Some picos in some rooms work fine.