Skip to main content
Looking for support for Sonos to create a 5-band equalizer rather than the simple bass/treble sliders. Fantastic engineering behind the products...can’t be too hard to implement more user-defined listener preferences. Anybody with me?
Have you looked at the Sonos TruePlay equalizer that is built into many of their components?

I can imagine a Sonos product designer reading this and pounding their head on their desk in frustration.

-- So sorry Sonos guy, nobody ever reads the instructions. 😛
I think Trueplay works well, even if the difference is sometimes quite subtle. But does it adjust eq more granularly han the simple T/B sliders (albeit applied to each driver if I’ve inderstood correctly) rather than the whole unit?

Other newer entrants are also adding ‘sophisticated’ DSP into their lifestyle speakers so maybe Sonos should consider offering more and greater choice in this area.

I’ve been reading with interest about the new Dynadio Music range which dona similar teick to trueplay, but without the need for anniphone or app. Thr DSP is dynamic and works automatically as you move the speaker around and also adjusts to ambient noise too. I’ve not heard it, so can’t compare to Sonos, but itnis an interesting development and shows what’s possible.

Haveing the option to apply custom EQs would not be a bad thing. I like to dial up the bass when listening to music of certain generes, but tone it down a tad for movies to avoid shaking the house down! Being able to adjust and store these preferences would be quite useful and recall the tueply setting without having to walk around the room like the lady from the shake and vac advert ?
They really need a real equalizer and audio some effects options. it’s kinda ridiculous that they don’t since they must be competing with traditional receivers . The only reason i use a receiver is because i have high end speakers and with out equalizer with presets I won’t use my sonos amp with these.