Skip to main content

Hi, I have been using Sonos for over 15 years, was an early adopter. I have 3 Sonos Ones unit connected to my Sonos S1 App and they work fine. I have had an old ZP80 and ZP100 connected together to a S2 App. The latter used to work fine, and as I have changed my router it stopped working. If I wire it to the router it temporary works. Once ethernet cable unplugged it disconnects. 

Can you please help?

Many thanks!

I think there is the distinct possibility of a hardware failure in the Wi-Fi portion of your old ZP80. You may want to wire it so it does show up in the controller, then submit a system diagnostic and call Sonos Support to discuss it. If there has been a hardware failure, I think it would show up in that diagnostic.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

See if there is a setting in your new router to allow it to support “b/g/n” WiFi.

The ZP80 and ZP100 that can work with the S2 software wil be a Connect and Connect:amp (both Gen 2) I presume?