Answered

With Boost, can I remove my WiFi network from the Network List in the Sonos App?

• 9 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I just added a Sonos Boost and everything works great (all speakers are showing WM: 0). My question is, the speakers are also still showing connected to my WiFi network in my router app, so can I just remove my WiFi network from the Sonos app list, or does it still need that in order to work properly?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 9 January 2023, 17:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Both.  You can remove your Wi-Fi credentials from the Sonos app (if you do not own a Move or Roam, which require Wi-Fi).  However, you will still see them listed on your router because Sonos uses your router’s DHCP to assign IP addresses. 

Both.  You can remove your Wi-Fi credentials from the Sonos app (if you do not own a Move or Roam, which require Wi-Fi).  However, you will still see them listed on your router because Sonos uses your router’s DHCP to assign IP addresses. 

Thanks for the response.  That makes sense to me...my WiFi network is pretty full with other devices and working from home, so getting all my Sonos speakers (no Moves or Roams) on the SonosNet was needed.  Thanks again!