Question

Why does everything say WM:0 even though things are plugged into my router?

• 3 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Diagnostic: 1379120434

This is part of a larger issue with Sonos Connect and Sonos Boost possibly canceling each other out, but maybe someone can teach me something.  

• I have the Playbar wire connected to the router.
  • There are (2) Play 1 Surrounds wirelessly connected to the Playbar. 
  • I have a Play 1: Kitchen + Play 5: Bedroom + Play 1:Other Bedroom connected wirelessly to the router (so I thought). 
  • I WOULD LIKE to have my Sonos Connect wire connected to the router, which it is now (see Diagnostic # above). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. The Boost messes everything up so I unplugged that.  
  • I have rebooted, factory reset everything a hundred times to no avail. 
  • QUESTION: How come everything is still WM:0? Shouldn’t the Playbar and Connect be WM:1 since they are wire connected to the router?

Thinking this is a router issue. Brand new router from Spectrum (Sagemcom - SAC2V2S). Everything started after I replaced the router.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@anton101, WM:0 is correct (SonosNet, wired connection), WM:1/WM:2 would be WiFi mode (wireless connection).

Make sure that you’ve removed the WiFi credentials from the system. On iOS or Android: From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Networks. Select the WiFi network you'd like to remove, and tap Remove.

If 'Auto channel' is enabled in your router, then disable it and set a specific channel, either 1, 6 or 11. Change also the SonosNet channel ('Settings --> System --> Network --> SonosNet Channel') to either 1, 6 or 11. That means when e.g. SonosNet is set to channel 1, put your router on channel 6 (or vice versa). See also Reducing wireless interference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Save yourself a lot of grief and quit factory resetting, it rarely solves an issue and usually makes troubleshooting harder as it erases internal data that Sonos can look at.

If you have network issues with more than one Sonos device wired look around here for discussions on STP, Spanning Tree Protocol.

Also here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2118?language=en_US

Once sorted the more you wire the happier the Sonos mesh is and the less data it needs to push over WiFi.