Skip to main content

My Sonos Port is connected to my dac using coax cable. I’m practically using the port as a streamer. This is the first time in over 2 years I’ve had playback issues. Called audio store I bought it from and spoke to a friend. They both are also having the same issue. What is Sonos saying the issue is. 

Likely the same issue reported here:

and here:

already. Have you provided Sonos a diagnostic via your controller, and called in to tell them the associated number, so that they can provide the hard data to the programmers?

Hi @warnie7, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently investigating as a priority while working towards a fix, however we do not have an estimate on when this will be resolved to share at this time.

In this case, the analog output will still work and we would recommend using this if possible.

If the analog output isn’t working, then you may be experiencing a different issue and I would recommend reaching out to our support team.

I hope this information helps!

Given the fact that all Sonos users are registered and individual items like Port are also linked via accounts, is it beyond Sonos to send emails highlighting issues such as this?

Can i be notified when issue is corrected or a timeline has been set? I have various home integration systems out there using the Sonos Port, coax output and programmed accordingly. This week Ive had a few calls from customers reporting no audio. Service calls to physically change a connection to analog and progam configuration changes in a home integration system is a bit more complicated and time consuming, which equals is an expensive workaround for my customers. if it can be corrected in a timely manor, I can ask my customers to wait for Sonos to correct the issue with a firmware update. A timeline from Sonos would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience. We've (literally) just deployed a software update that should resolve this issue. Please check for updates in the Sonos App, and once your Port has been updated, the issue should no longer occur (your port will have build 72.2-39316 (Port)). 
If the issue still occurs, please contact our support team, and we will of course look into it.

I'm glad I stumbled on this, as I was starting to pull out what little hair I have left. Today was the first time I tried to use the Port after connecting another component to another digital input on my amp. Even though it makes no sense, I was starting to wonder if connecting another digital source had somehow messed something up. I agree that an email should have been pushed out to advise of the issue.

Given the fact that all Sonos users are registered and individual items like Port are also linked via accounts, is it beyond Sonos to send emails highlighting issues such as this?

Absolutely spot-on!

Hi again,
In other threads some people are letting us know that they are still experiencing this issue, despite having updated Sonos Port since my last post. If you are also still experiencing this, then please share a diagnostic here in the topic, or in a DM to me, and I'll make sure that it gets to the engineering team for further investigation. Thank you.

The update issued yesterday fixed the Port for me. However, today I noticed garbled audio coming from my Ray. Power cycling seems to have resolved it, but I'm wondering if the garbled audio on the Ray had something to do with the system update I applied yesterday to fix the Port? Seems awfully coincidental, and up till today I've had no issues with the Ray since I bought it when it was released last summer.

My Sonos Port is connected to my dac using coax cable. I’m practically using the port as a streamer. This is the first time in over 2 years I’ve had playback issues. Called audio store I bought it from and spoke to a friend. They both are also having the same issue. What is Sonos saying the issue is. 

Good that this has been sorted. @Sonos  please send a message via the app on future issues. Spent hours trying to sort according to web advice before finding a tenuous link to the issue. Thanks

Last week started getting LOS signal error on my Bel Canto dac and thought there was an issue with the input as I could get it to play occasionally but with the LOS error. Contacted Bel Canto and they figured it was possibly a cold solder joint on the board. Shipped the unit back to them and everything checked out ok, no issues. Then I came across this thread! I did notice I’m currently on build 72.2-39316 but not sure when it updated and just waiting to receive the dac back to test it. Hopefully the update works for me. Will post update.

Hi @warnie7 et al

We now consider this issue fully resolved. If anyone is still experiencing problems, I recommend they get in touch with our technical support team. 

Thank you for your patience.