Skip to main content

We like to travel, while traveling in our RV our dash radio stopped working, no problem just connected my phone to the Sonos Move, and we had music all the way to our destination.  Once we got there however, it stopped working, would not pair via WiFi, or Bluetooth to any device.  Called support, spent an hour on the phone and they could not do anything to help, told me I HAD TO BE CONNECTED TO A WIRED PASSWORD PROTECTED WIFI IN ORDER FOR MY DEVICES TO FIND IT, Really? And FYI if you don’t have a WiFi connection you also don’t have a blue tooth connection! Then how come it worked for 10 hours while we were driving? Came across this answer which I have attached for your reading pleasure, and because guess what in less then 10 minutes everything was working again on a private password protected hotspot!!!!!! So if you have an issue, try this first!!!!! Trust me I was screwing with it for two weeks until I came across this!

Best answer by cycod3r

I have this same issue. So far, not a good product at all. I had always heard Sonos had a lot of issues, but figured if I could get it to work the Move made sense as our outdoor speaker choice. I did a full reset.

1. Hold the power button for 60 seconds (yes 60. 5 is incorrect) until the unit powers off
  2. Hold the link button
  3. Place in the charge ring, continue to hold the link button until the light flashes white and orange alternately
  4. When the green light is flashing, load the app, and attempt to setup

Tried with the app on a phone and a tablet. Deleted and re-installed the app. Restarted my WiFi router.

Pushing the link button seemingly does nothing, pressing the mode button to switch to bluetooth does nothing. Just stays flashing green.

I know the buttons work because I use them to do the reset.

I know the unit’s internals are working because the app finds it and reports its serial number/mac address.

Just stuck in a loop.

Not at all acceptable for something that costs $400 to come out of the box behaving like this.

@Billtr 

What’s your answer? Thus far all I gleam is that you performed a Factory Reset on the Move and set it up again. Did you intend to put a link in your post?