Question

What's going on?

• 11 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Ok, I’m a music professional and I loved my Sonos system until this new controller app came along and now the speakers randomly switch on and off. I have tried to trouble shoot this from every angle but I’m stumped. It is a basic expectation that this stuff all just works...as it has, brilliantly, for years. But now for whatever reason, things switch on and off, or I can’t connect through Airplay and my family is begging me to go back to hard wired speakers so I stop cursing. Anyone else having “issues” since switching to the new Sonos controller app? Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sounds like a local network issue, either  wifi interference , or possibly a duplicate IP address issue. After reading through the linked FAQ, I would try a refresh of your local network by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices, and wait a minute or two before testing.