Answered

Very quiet Play One using vinyl

• 20 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help ?

I have a pair of Play One’s (gen2) and an old zp80 connect hooked up to a (budget) pre-amped audio technical turntable. I have set up the system using S1 due to the age of the connect, paired the One’s as a stereo pair and they are fine when playing any digital music.

BUT only one speaker can be heard when playing vinyl, the other one is very quiet ?

I am by no means an expert but I was hoping that vinyl would work on both speakers without too much fuss, the Sonos kit is brilliant but I can’t afford to shell out hundreds of pounds just for an occasional vinyl session.

Any help would be very much appreciated 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 20 March 2021, 17:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Swapped the leads around but made no difference, gotta be honest, I’m confused as to carrying out the loop back test mentioned earlier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You don't need extra leads to swap the input cables left-to-right and see if the problem also switches sides. 

Beat me to it!

You don't need extra leads to swap the input cables left-to-right and see if the problem also switches sides. 

Hi

Not tried yet, will need to locate some leads, should have some somewhere 

Thanks for advice

Just a thought, is it possible that the turntable is faulty, only putting out audio on one channel ?

If so, the fault would swap sides when switching the TT connections left-to-right. You did do this as suggested? 

Do a loopback test. Wire the ZP80 analog outputs to its analog inputs. Play something on the ZP80 other than Line-In (e.g. Spotify). Tell the Ones to play the ZP80’s Line-In. 

Just a thought, is it possible that the turntable is faulty, only putting out audio on one channel ?

I am a complete novice, the deck arrived assembled and I don’t have access to any other speakers or amps for testing

Hi

All connections seem fine, if I swap around the phono leads, it’s the same

The connect is fairly basic, just the 1 phono input but all looks good, it was second hand though

Via Spotify etc, it’s perfect but with vinyl it’s still quieter on one side

Just re-installed everything again from scratch, still the same 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It might be obvious, but have you checked all connectors - cartridge, turntable to ZP80?

What happens if you switch left and right connections into the ZP80?