Using AMP w/speaker to line converter

• 6 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I am doing a large TV room for a client and would like to use an Amp for the ARC function within the TV. However, this is a LARGE room and I would like to do a large 3rd party amp somehow using a speaker to line converter. Any thoughts on this? I tried a basic speaker to line converter on an Amp previously but was unsuccessful. I got very distorted signal regardless of volume level. So,, big room need big power than Amp supplies but want functionality of Audio Return feature of amp, just wish it had 300W per channel!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No clue if it would work but maybe an HDMI splitter and two Amps?

I do a lot of TV room set up & my go to is a Sonos amp using the audio return channel with usually a big LG TV and then I'll do custom speakers but this installation I'm on the room is huge I need 300 W and big speakers to light this place up, it would be great to use a speaker to line converter but I tried it once and the amplifier did not like the adapter sounded terrible. another option I'm exploring is using really really efficient speakers doing 2 Amps setting it up as front/rear for TV watching and then four channel Stereo and do custom subs built into the floor for bass. it should play loud enough, but really should have three times the power these can put out lol