Skip to main content

Howdy All, I have one of two S2 speakers that alerts an unwanted “bong” alarm daily at midnight and I can’t figure out where the command is activated. Diagnostic number :846578419.  I’ve check all my phones and tablets to turn off or quit Sonos activity but the midnight bong continues. Any help much appreciated.

Hi @Epearson928 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The diagnostics show Alexa being interested in something at that time. As both your microphones are disabled, I think this must be an alarm or similar set in the Alexa app, which will need to be resolved in that app.

Another possibility (especially if your microphones were not intended to be disabled) is that you have a cat, and that that cat has a tail. If a furry limb is brushed across the touch-sensitive buttons on the top of your speakers, you could well hear a bong at some point. This would only explain erratic bonging, however, and not a regularly repeating bong. It’s more likely to be an Alexa alarm, I think - especially if it’s always at midnight exactly.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corey,

The Alexa alarm was exactly the issue. For weeks I’ve been trolling the web and troubleshooting but somehow missed that Alexa alarm active setting…which I’ve never sat an alarm in Alexa. Maybe I can point to my wife as a accidental setting during her use of Alexa.  I also had to disable and enable Alexa’s “Skills” to regain voice command controls. 

Thank you so very much for responding with your recommendations. Take  Care

Good idea to blame the wife 👍 You’re probably sleep on the couch tonight 😂😂😂