Question

Unable to play audible books on sonos when using Alexa Devices

• 11 September 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi.  This has been a problem forever and a day and franklhy, it’s getting on my nerves.  So…..We have a beam and sterio pair of 5s in our lounge, a 1sl in our kitchen and a 5 in our dining room. We also have a Roam which we use whenever we’re in the garden.  all but the roam and the beam have echo dots connected to them which we use to control music playback and playback of audible books but frankly the listening experience is truly terrible.  The audio book stops playing, then when you start it again, it goes back to where you started playing it.  If you’re lucky enough to get it to continue past the end of a chapter, I’ve known it to skip several chapters and just start randomly playing way ahead for some inexplicable reason.  I’ve written to sonos about this on several occasions and I know there are many other people experiencing it out there as well.  So far, they have failed to come up with a reasonable fix.  However, we’ve noticed this week that we have managed to fix the issue when playing from our newest sonos 5 device which is connected to a mixing desk via line in which is, in turn, connected to an echo dot via a 3.5mm jack.  We managed to play a book on a completely different speaker in the house by starting off on the wired 5 device and then switching speakers to another room where there was only a wireless connection.  This might suggest that indeed as I have seen on other threads, that the issue is to do with the Alexa device rather than the sonos itself.  I wonder if anyone else out there could connect their dots to their play 5 or 5 devices to see if they experience the same issue.  i wonder then could this be resolved somehow?  I am an avid bookworm and love curling up with a good audible book and it drives me nuts that I can’t do this without either using the audible app and my iPhone or iPad (not always reliable I have to say).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.