Answered

Unable to Connect Move After Changing Router

• 16 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Help, please!

I am unable to connect my Sonos Move to a new wireless router in my home.

I have reset the move and I see a quick blip (half a second, at best) of the screen as if the app sees and identifies it as a Move, but then it quickly goes back to the “searching for nearby products...”screen.

I welcome any tips, suggested order of steps, whatever, thank you!

icon

Best answer by Lovetoflyfish 17 October 2020, 19:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Lovetoflyfish, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about this issue with your Sonos Move that can’t connect to your new wireless router. Kindly check this article about Connect Sonos to a new router or WiFi network if this won’t work. Please let us know. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Simon,

I had been there and it did not help.

I did find the answer moments ago on Sonos’ site page entitled “Reset your Sonos product”.

This info (see image) should be on the “Connect Sonos to a new router or WiFi network” page, please.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Lovetoflyfish, thanks for the update and for the recommendation that this information would be on the Connect to a new router on how to reset the Sonos Move. But I’m glad it worked for you after the Reset. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let us know.

The Sonos community is always here to help.