Answered

Unable to connect 2nd trusted WiFi Network

• 19 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I have 2x Play1 speakers, currently connected to and working on a WiFi network (WiFi disk).
However, I want to connect the speakers direct to the router WiFi - a second trusted WiFi network.

I have gone through the set up wizard many times via my Android Samsung smartphone. The S2 App does not manage to detect either of my Sonos speakers.
I have tried a reboot of the speakers. And a reboot of the disk and router - just a switch on / off again. But no joy.

Any suggestions before I consider a factory reset?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ratty 19 October 2022, 18:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Don’t factory reset.

Are you talking about a BT disk? Was there any particular reason for giving it a different WiFi SSID (name) in the first place?

Anyway, I’d suggest you temporarily wire one Play:1 to the router. Wait 2-3 mins. With your phone connected to the router WiFi start the Sonos app. Make sure you can see both Play:1s. Then go to Settings/System/Network and see if you can add the required WiFi credentials.