Answered

Unable to Browse /Add to Queue

• 11 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

This week’s issue.

I have lost the ability to play any internet radio, playlists, etc., on Sonos Radio, Amazon Music, radioPup, SiriusXM, or TuneIn.

I can browse, but when I select, depending on the service, I get an “Unable to add music to the queue” message, an “Unable to play the selected item” message, or, in the case of Sonos Radio, nothing happens.

I have unplugged all my speakers, rebooted the router, and rebooted the speakers.

Diagnostic 1859730827

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 September 2022, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

I would first try a sequential reboot of your network and devices to eliminate the potential for it being a duplicate IP addressing issue, which is what it sounds like maybe happening here, but that’s a guess at this stage based on what you’ve mentioned in your initial post.

So perhaps try this …

Simply switch off all and switch them back on in this sequence:

• Modem/Router
  • Boost or Other Cabled Sonos Speakers/Devices
  • Wireless Sonos Speakers/Devices (nearest first, to the furthest away from the router)
  • The Sonos Controller Device(s)
  • Your other network and home devices

Allow a couple of minutes for each Sonos device to establish a stable connection before moving onto switching-on the next device. Let your 'rebooted' network settle for 10 minutes or so and then run your tests to ensure everything is then working as it should be.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I have unplugged all my speakers, rebooted the router, and rebooted the speakers.

Thanks, but… the only difference was I restarted Sonos devices from furthest to closest.

Thanks, but… the only difference was I restarted Sonos devices from furthest to closest.

If the most distant SONOS is not wired and is beyond wireless coverage from another SONOS unit, this sequence might not work. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

That would be weird because the wireless radio is the one thing that has worked flawlessly for five years. Until yesterday.

We cannot rule out hardware failure. Another possibility is a neighbor installed something that causes interference.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I would understand if interference was impacting one speaker, but this is at the interface level?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Alonzo Mosley 

Thanks for your post!

The diagnostic is reporting a possible issue with your Boost’s ethernet cable (I say “possible” because it’s possible you unplugged the cable 3 times in one minute intentionally), so I recommend you try a replacement.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

It’s a fairly new cable. I had rebooted the router and unplugged the speaker “recently” before the diagnostic - would that present the same? Or is that definitely tied to a hard CAT link?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Alonzo Mosley 

It’s a fairly new cable. I had rebooted the router and unplugged the speaker “recently” before the diagnostic - would that present the same? Or is that definitely tied to a hard CAT link?

If by “unplugged” you’re referring to the power cable, then that is not what the Boost is reporting - it’s reporting 3 ethernet cable disconnects in the space of one minute.

Hi @Alonzo Mosley 

If by “unplugged” you’re referring to the power cable, then that is not what the Boost is reporting - it’s reporting 3 ethernet cable disconnects in the space of one minute.

Sometimes I find that new cables are difficult to fully seat in the jack -- leading to intermittent connections.

I just had this issue. I tried everything I could think of. Finally I decided to reset the speakers one at a time. After I reset the first speaker the system was fine all over. I can’t figure that one out.