Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to add Connects/Connect Amps wirelessly after 11.4.1 S1 Controller Update

• 28 May 2022
  • 5 replies

Ever since updating the S1 Controller app to 11.4.1 (iOS) I cannot add another S1 product wirelessly, I have to use an ethernet cable, I can then remove the cable and all is fine.

This Connects I am adding have previously linked wirelessly without problems before the update.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I should add, the components I am adding are freshly reset units.

Ever since updating the S1 Controller app to 11.4.1 (iOS) I cannot add another S1 product wirelessly, I have to use an ethernet cable, I can then remove the cable and all is fine.

This Connects I am adding have previously linked wirelessly without problems before the update.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I should add, the components I am adding are freshly reset units.

I would perhaps check that the router WiFi is 802.11 b/g/n compatible and supports Open, WEP, and WPA/WPA2 Personal Wi-Fi security standards, rather than just supporting 802.11n/ac and see if that resolves the setup issues on WiFi.

Appreciate the response. The router is good and meets those standards . I have used the same router for the last 3 years, running a Sonos system for well over that with no major problems.

As I say this only happened since updating the Sonos controller app to 11.4.1 approximately 2 to 3 days ago.

To me it seems like a Sonos software gremlin, it wouldn’t be the first time.

This is purely an S1 problem. My S2 system is fine when adding a component. 

Hi @Jon_R 

Thanks for your post!

Seeing as nothing has changed in your setup, and that we have changed very little in the S1 software since S2 was released, I’d recommend a reboot of your router - if you haven’t already tried. Please turn it off for at least 30 seconds. Regardless of how good your router is, it cannot be relied upon to work perfectly for years on end. I recommend a few reboots each year.

Failing that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry,

I actually rebooted my mobile which has cured the problem.

Hi @Jon_R 

I actually rebooted my mobile which has cured the problem.

Fantastic! Thanks for updating the thread!