Answered

Turntable not playing on Arc, through Port

• 16 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi! 

My vinyl setup seemed to have stopped working somewhat overnight. I have my turntable connected via pre-amp to a Sonos Port, which I use to send music to my two rooms, living room and kitchen. My living room consists of an Arc, Sub Mini and Two One SL’s as surround, while my kitchen is equipped with two One SL’s in a stereo configuration. 

When I first purchased the Port, a few months ago, I could send music from my records to both living room and kitchen, but recently I’ve been unable to send to my living room while everything works as normally in the kitchen. When sending to both rooms, the app indicates audio being played both places, while only being audible in kitchen. When only sending to living room I sporadically get the error message “Unable to play the line-in source”, sometimes the app reverts to the last music played successfully, but never plays from the Port. After removing the One SL’s as surround, I could also send music to these individually, but never the Arc. 

Everything else seems to be working as it should, but this one is a highly unfortunate headscratcher as playing my vinyls is pretty much on the top of my list of priorities. In other words I really hope someone out there as any ideas. Cheers! ​​​

icon

Best answer by zomzom82 16 January 2023, 11:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sounds frustrating, not sure what is wrong but if you mess about trying to play to the various other Sonos and submit a diagnostic (within 10-15 minutes) you could post the diagnostic number or better yet call Sonos Support with it and get their assistance as they can see internal data you can’t.

A’ight! Feeling a tad bit silly now, but restarted the router and everything seems to be back in order. As I’ve previously had problems getting the router back up and running after restarts, this has become a last resort for me, but appears to be just as the doctor ordered. 

Still, very much thanks for the answer Stanley. Great to see a functioning community here for eventual future issues :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A’ight! Feeling a tad bit silly now, but restarted the router and everything seems to be back in order. As I’ve previously had problems getting the router back up and running after restarts, this has become a last resort for me, but appears to be just as the doctor ordered. 

Still, very much thanks for the answer Stanley. Great to see a functioning community here for eventual future issues :) 

As you’ve restarted your router, you may want to read this post: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community