Answered

Turntable-Amp connectivity options?

• 8 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone long time Sonos customer here with Play 1, 3, 5 in various rooms.  Our house came with pre-wired ceiling and outdoor speakers that terminate in a big bundle of wires in the hallway coat closet. There’s a power outlet in the closet (convenient!) so I use Connect:Amp connected to a Pyle selector switch. This allows me to easily select what ceiling speakers in the house (backyard, family room, laundry room, courtyard etc) to play music in. We stream Pandora/Prime/Apple Music using the Sonos app through the Connect:Amp and the Plays. The Play 1-3-5s are sitting in rooms without ceiling speakers (garage, bathroom, office) so it all works well and have music pretty much anywhere we are.

I want to purchase a turntable to play our vinyl (yes we still have albums from the 70s/80s).  My question is connectivity.   I want the turntable in the living room on proud display adjacent to our albums, just like back in the day.   But the ceiling speaker wires terminate in the coat closet, which is where the Connect:Amp and Pyle switch are.   I have no practical way to run wires between the closet and living room to connect a turntable to Connect:Amp.

I’m ok if I need to replace Connect:Amp with Amp. Is it possible to establish a wireless connection option between Amp (sitting in the coat closet) and a turntable (say one of the Pro-Ject offerings on the Sonos web site)? Again I have no practical way to run a cable between the turntable and Amp.

Hope this makes sense… thanks for helping… :)

icon

Best answer by jgatie 8 September 2023, 02:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

As long as you are running S2, you can connect the turntable to a Port, Five, or Era 100/300 with the extra line-in dongle.  No need to purchase the Amp.  If you are running S1, you could pick up an older Connect on the used market.