Skip to main content

Since the push of S2 last year, I’ve moved all my Play 1 speakers to the S2 app.  I also have a Connect:Amp that is only used in the summer-time in our pool shed, and my plan was to have it on S1 by itself.

My issue is that my S1 setup seems to be confused, and still has all the Play 1 speakers on it, despite them being upgraded to the S2 OS, and successfully connected to the S2 App.  It also has the Connect:Amp on the S1 App, so it is a blend of old and new, which is my problem.  The Play 1 speakers show as errors in the S1 App, and the App itself says its need to do an upgrade before it will allow me to remove any speakers.  However, because the Connect:Amp is in the S1 App, the upgrade always fails with an Error 9.  So I can’t remove any speakers from the S1 App, and I can’t upgrade it to remove any speakers.

I have no problems with my S2 App setup - it is running fine with the Play 1 speakers all connected properly.  The only issue I have is with my S1 App.

Is there an easy way to wipe my S1 App configuration to allow me to only then add in the Connect:Amp?  

It looks like I spoke too soon… my S2 App WAS working fine, but that was because the Connect:Amp had been unplugged for the winter.  After reconnecting it, I now see it in the S2 App too, and the S2 App is now complaining.  When trying an update in the S2 App, it shows and Error code 1002.

So it looks like there is some link in my configuration between S1 and S2 Apps, with all speakers and the Connect:Amp showing in both configurations.

Any advice welcome!

Solved it myself - did a reset on the Connect:Amp and an app reset on the S1 App, and made it a ‘new installation’ for S1.  Now the S1 app only sees the Connect:Amp, and S2 only sees the Play1 speakers. 

Hopefully this can help someone else.

Solved it myself - did a reset on the Connect:Amp and an app reset on the S1 App, and made it a ‘new installation’ for S1.  Now the S1 app only sees the Connect:Amp, and S2 only sees the Play1 speakers. 

Hopefully this can help someone else.

You took the correct steps.

If you want to take a Sonos playlist from S2 and play it on your S1, you’ll need my app (see profile).

Hi @Due-North 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry that you had to fix this yourself but as you had replied to your own topic, it wasn’t flagged as needing a reply.

As ​​​@controlav says, you did it perfectly.