Skip to main content

Hi,

i recently purchased the complete Sonos system including 

Sonos Arc+ Sonos Era 300 x 2 + Sonos Sub Gen 3

I have also a Technics SL-1200MK2 Black which I would love to connect to this setup that i have grouped and trueplay tuned.

One solution is to get an RIAA/Pickup-Preamplifier  and connect it through a sonos line adapter to Sonos Era 300 but the problem is that the Sonos Era doesnt accept inputs when its in trueplay tuning mode.

The Arc which is basically the mother in the trueplay tuning doesnt have any input.

Can someone recommend a solution in which the Technics SL-1200MK2 can be earthed and also connect to the system so i can get a nice 3d sound?

You state “the problem is that the Sonos Era doesnt accept inputs when its in trueplay tuning mode”. Trueplay is not the problem. The Era does not accept line in when it is part of a surround set up - Trueplay or no Trueplay.

Another Era with the analogue to USB-C adaptor, a Port or a Five will get the sound from your pre-amped turntable to your Sonos devices.

Not sure how to get a 3D sound out of a stereo turntable. 

The Sonos Era 300’s line in is turned off when the device is in surround mode, not TruePlay Tuning mode.

I think most of your questions are answered here

Edit: some duplication of data in the faster response from @106rallye :)

sorry for the wrong description. 

So how to get the Sonos Arc+ Sonos Era 300 x 2 + Sonos Sub Gen 3 grouped setup connected to my Technics SL-1200MK2? I wish to have the ERA as surrounds.

Would you recommend the sonos amp? Can i group:

(Sonos Arc+ Sonos Era 300 x 2 + Sonos Sub Gen 3) + Sonos Amp and have the Sonos Amp play the role that the sonos arc is having at the moment? Has anyone done this configuration?

As suggested in the link I provided, I suspect the device you’d want to add to your system is a Sonos Port, not an Amp. The Amp would be useful if you wanted to drive another set of speakers, but if you’re just trying to get a line in, truthfully, any of the suggestions provided by @106rallye would work.