system destroyed since upgrading app to s2

• 7 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I was having app connectivity issues so decided to upgrade to S2. Since then nothing but problems. 
through the app my speakers are rarely found, but they are through Spotify!

whenever I open the app most of the lists are greyed out, and after 30 seconds or so it says it is unable to find my system; but Spotify finds it!

As I’m typing this my speakers are going on and off.
I’ve ripped the boost out of the router but the speakers are still playing intermittently and I can’t stop the music!!!!

I invested in a boost some months ago and all my issues were resolved…...until I “upgraded” to S2. 

any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Two suggestions. 

First try a simple network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

If that doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. In fact, even if you can’t get to the point where you can submit the diagnostic, there is still substantial value to calling in. 

I invested in a boost some months ago and all my issues were resolved…...until I “upgraded” to S2. 

any ideas?

Fear not! I can smell a Boost II coming up to solve your problems!

No, a BOOST, or BOOST II, if such a thing is indeed coming, is not a silver bullet. It can help in certain situations, but can make no difference in others. It all depends on what the issue is that needs to be addressed.

My most reliable speaker has now disappeared. The app S2 picks up nothing on my system unless I’m standing right next to my boost, so to call it a boost is quite contradicting. 
I had to plug my play 5 into power next to my boost for it to reappear on my system. After moving it back to the kitchen (approx 10m away through one open door) the Sonos app again wouldn’t pick anything up. 
this is so poor, and I’m close to smashing it all to bits. I’d certainly get more pleasure it that than the music I can’t listen to

I’m now playing music on my play 5 via Spotify, but my Sonos s2 app doesn’t pick up my system!!!!

explain that one