Question

Symfonisk connection

• 26 February 2021
  • 1 reply

just unboxed my Symfonisk, which i have had in storage, it is brand new not used it before today, 

as i’m new to these things i don’t know how they get to work etc,

trying to play via airdrop on my iPhone X it connects manages to play a track then goes off & wont play another, (but says its playing & connected to the speaker) or it disconnects completely and wont play anything…. or connects to radio station app via airplay but then disconnects

is it airplay, bluetooth or wifi issue?, or something else?, cheers 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

As you appear to be using Airplay from your iOS device, the audio dropouts would likely be a WiFi issue, as that is the type of connection used for Airplaying audio.

Just as a quick test, perhaps see if bringing both your iPhone mobile device and the speaker closer to the ‘main’ wireless router resolves the problem. If it does, then you may need to reduce WiFi interference and boost the connection… to reduce interference etc. see these two links:

1. WiFi Interference
  2. Wireless Interference Video: Wireless Interference and Sonos

To perhaps assist further, also change your router’s 2.4ghz WiFi band to use a channel-width of 20MHz.