Answered

Symfonisk Bookshelf unable to setup / connect

• 12 December 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

First time here hoping for some help.

Purchased two Symfonisk Bookshelf speakers as a start for my full setup but I cannot for the life of me get them connect to my network, I keep getting the Error code 1002 more info states this is an update failure on the speaker itself and iv power cycled them multiple times with no change.

I keep getting asked to re-log back into the app aswel, anyone able to sling me some advice?

Thankyou in advance.

icon

Best answer by ClarkyStu 13 December 2021, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Perhaps try (temporarily) wiring a speaker direct to your router to see if that allows you to do the setup .. note too that these are the setup requirements (see links below)…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4875

Userlevel 1

Thankyou for the reply @Ken_Griffiths - 900mb Full Fibre connection and Note10+ so all matching up there.

I have a direct Ethernet connection to each of the speakers and tried factory resetting them and tested from scratch, im still getting stuck in this loop. 

:( 

What router are you using?

Userlevel 1

It is the Vodafone Wifi Broadband Hub - THG3000

Looking through the forum here…

Some users with that exact same router have reported connection problems with Sonos products and Staff in that thread advised them to call into support for troubleshooting. It doesn’t say what the outcome was, so it maybe worth chatting/speaking to Staff online, or over the phone, vis this LINK and see what they suggest.

Userlevel 1

Thankyou - Literally is my next plan, they’re closed until Monday morning so that will be my first phonecall of the day.

My father inlaw has a full Sonos setup and iv always been wanting to jump onboard and as a first experience this is a frustration so im hoping its going to be easily fixable.

First time using the forums aswel so really appreciate your help.

That’s okay, I suspect it’s just a router setting that needs to be switched. 🤞

Anyhow, I hope you get it sorted in the morning and perhaps ‘kindly’ post the answer back here to assist any others who may go onto have that router installed too.

Userlevel 1

Will do, thankyou again.

Userlevel 1

@Ken_Griffiths I have updates!

A full router power cycle was required - Spoke to someone from support, gave my details.

Settings - Support - Submit Diagnostics

Following the power cycle (The only unit I didnt restart previously) the two speakers updated perfectly.
Im now moving onto the rest of the struggle setting up apps, voice control and so on :)

(For some reason I have added Google Assistant but it doesnt appear in the list nor pickup on the speakers.)

Another challenge for another day!

@Ken_Griffiths I have updates!

A full router power cycle was required - Spoke to someone from support, gave my details.

Settings - Support - Submit Diagnostics

Following the power cycle (The only unit I didnt restart previously) the two speakers updated perfectly.

Sometimes it can be the simplest of things, I guess. I’m just sorry I never thought to suggest that and perhaps save you some time/trouble.

Im now moving onto the rest of the struggle setting up apps, voice control and so on :)

(For some reason I have added Google Assistant but it doesnt appear in the list nor pickup on the speakers.)

Another challenge for another day!

I think the Google List you are perhaps referring to in the Sonos App is for Sonos products only where the actual assistant is built into the device, otherwise if using the Google Hub Mini (just as an example) with the Sonos action/skill, then that voice services list in ‘Settings/Services & Voice’ is irrelevant.

Userlevel 1

I think the Google List you are perhaps referring to in the Sonos App is for Sonos products only where the actual assistant is built into the device, otherwise if using the Google Hub Mini (just as an example) with the Sonos action/skill, then that voice services list in ‘Settings/Services & Voice’ is irrelevant.

Interesting and may have just been my understanding being foolish! I assumed I could use the bookshelf speakers literally as - A google home mini and so on not that it was just compatible with if that makes sense.

Unfortunate if true but just an oversight :)