Skip to main content

Hi guys, I have a comms cabinet with a bunch of equipment, and 9 Sonos Amps in it.  The Amps are stocked in 2 x 2’s, across 3 shelvels (ie., 2 shelves each have 2 Amps on top of each other, beside another stack of 2).

The temperature within this cabinet, even with cooling fans etc runs to 35°c-40°c. The Amps, and everything else inside the cabinet, are very warm to touch.

What is the ideal temperature to run these at? If they are consistently at 35°c, is that detrimental to the product?

I have a quote to entirely strip out the comms cabinet and rebuild it with better ventilation etc., but it’s a pretty expensive quote - so just wanted to know how a big an issue the temperature really was.

Cheers,

JK

See this link

https://www.sonos.com/support/en-us/sonos-user-guide/index.html#t=sonos-user-guide%2Famp%2Famp.htm

The operating temperature is between 32°F (0 °C) and 104°F (40°C)

Thanks Ken, I appreciate that.

Do you have any idea what the optimum running temperature ought to be? For example, running it at 35°c is towards the higher end of its range. Is that a problem?  And if so, in an ideal situation, what temperature should I be aiming for?

Thanks!