Answered

Streaming vinyl to stereo pair of One SLs

• 6 December 2020
  • 9 replies

I just joined the Sonos community and set up a pair of One SLs in my living room and linked them as a stereo pair (Will connect to Arc and Sub for surround sound once they arrive). I purchased the Amp (connected to turntable and bookshelf Paradigm speakers) so I could stream my vinyl from the basement up to the living room. I started spinning a record and attempted to have it play on the SLs but no audio came out. When I unlinked the SLs as a stereo pair, the audio worked and came out of both SLs equally. Is there a reason the amp the won’t stream to a stereo pair of speakers? This would be disappointing as I would want to keep the SLs as a stereo pair for the surround sound, but also want to listen to vinyl. Don’t want to have to unpair every time!

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 8 December 2020, 03:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Johnny D,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. If grouped, your Sonos Amp should be able to stream even if your 2 Sonos Ones on a stereo pair or set up in separate rooms. Let me find out what’s causing this, please submit a diagnostic report of your Sonos system and include the confirmation number in your response. If you have any questions, please me know. I’ll wait for your reply.

Thanks. Confirmation is  88156587

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Johnny D

Thanks for submitting the diagnostic. Upon checking the report, there's an interference in your wireless network that may be caused by wireless congestion or low wireless range and detected an audio dropout in your due to sync error, and playback failure. The errors found in the diagnostic might be causing the issue with your 2 Sonos Ones.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps you can do. 

1. Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
  2. Hardwire one of your speakers to your router.
    • Test playback and observe Sonos performance.

If it's still doesn't work, you may need to contact our phone support team to look into this. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you. 

Unfortunately, neither option worked. I restarted the router and speakers and then hardwired the amp to one of the routers. I use Google WiFi mesh system for reference. The amp has no problem streaming to the SLs when they aren’t linked as a stereo pair but as soon as I link them the audio stops. Does it make sense that WiFi interference (if there even is any) would only impact the stereo pair? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Johnny D 

Thanks for the update and immediate response. I’m sorry to hear that after performing all the steps the issue remains unresolved. I appreciate your time and all your effort working on this. I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Please let us know how it goes with our technical support team. We are always here to help.

Hi Rowena, I attempted the full WiFi and speaker reset again this morning and was able to fix the issue! Hopefully it keeps working. Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Johnny D, thanks for your response and for updating us. I’m glad that your rear speakers are working again after resetting the device. We don't usually recommend factory resetting Sonos products since we haven't identified the root cause of the problem. Please continue to monitor your Sonos system. In case you encounter the same issue, please contact our phone support team. If you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out. We and the community are always here to help.

To clarify, I followed your instructions above, didn’t do a factory reset. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Johnny D, thank you for clarifying that you didn’t perform a factory reset and the steps we provided in this thread worked for you. Let us know if you need help with your Sonos, we’ll be glad to assist you.