Skip to main content

Recently I’ve been unable to stream Spotify music to my Sonos speakers (Play:1, Play:3, One and my living room sound system) from my phone, they are greyed out in the “Select a device“ section with the message “Can’t play this right now”. I can do it from the Sonos app, but I prefer to use Spotify directly. On top of Sonos app screen it says “The OS on this device is no longer supported”, but it still works fine in Sonos. Is the Spotify problems related to this? I tried restarting the phone, it didn’t help.

I’m using a Huawei P9 with Android 7.0, the Android version cannot be upgraded. The phone is working absolutely fine, and I have no plans on replacing it any time soon.

What router are you using and is the HUAWEI mobile definitely on the same network subnet and not a guest network, or WiFi access point?

Any security software, or vpn, installed on the phone?

Have you tried rebooting the router?

Hi Ken,

thanks for your answer. Note that I’m using the Sonos app also from the same phone, and this works fine, so I think network issues can be ruled out.

Best regards,

Jesper

...but in case it could have any influence: I’m using a mesh network with two Nokia 1 beacons. Recent changes: I had to disable Google Chrome because of an update of WebView Services made half of my apps crash at startup, this was the only solution I could find for this (https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/apps/google-apps-keep-crashing-on-android-due-to-webview-service-learn-how-to-fix-the-issue.html). I suppose that *could* also be related somehow, though I don’t know how.

BR Jesper

The 

Hi Ken,

thanks for your answer. Note that I’m using the Sonos app also from the same phone, and this works fine, so I think network issues can be ruled out.

Best regards,

Jesper

I would still reboot your router and perhaps, just as a test, temporary leave off your mesh satellite(s) and just see if things work when all are connected to the primary hub only. 

It works again now. According to my son, switching wifi off and on on the phone sometimes does the trick.

Thanks to KenGriffiths for the helpful suggestions!

BR Jesper